DUTIES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
As of September 9, 2011
- Implore Whitesburg Baptist Church (WBC) and the Body of Christ (the Body) to get honest with God, to humble ourselves, and to get hungry for Holy Spirit revival, praying wisdom for our civic leaders, and healing for our land.
- Educate WBC and the Body on Natural Law based on biblical principles as incorporated into the state and national constitutions.
- Encourage and facilitate WBC and the Body to educate themselves on civic issues in general and gain expertise in an area of interest.
- Facilitate WBC and the Body in registering to vote and casting an informed vote on March 6 and November 6, 2012.
- Assist WBC and the Body in knowing and contacting their local, state, and national representatives.
- Support efforts by each subject task force (STF) leader (STFL) as they educate and inform WBC and the Body on their STF area, watch for those salient issues, and engage the government.
- Guide and support each STFL once-a-year in presenting a 50-minute education session normally given on the third Sunday of each month at 4:30 PM at WBC.
- Recommend to WBC through the Pastor the biblical stands on issues of moral import on which we need to strategically engage government.
- Reach out to local, state, and national representatives.
- Reach out to like-minded groups and individuals.
- Provide resources for STFs, WBC, and the Body to educate and to communicate.
- Provide strategic, external, and internal communication messaging consistent with biblical principles and proactive engagement on key issues.
- Set long-term objectives and short-term goals to reach those objectives.