Homebound is a ministry that focuses on ministering and reaching out to those who are no longer able to travel. It is comprised of several smaller ministries:
1. Visitation - Each month, volunteers from Whitesburg visit the homebound and shut-ins in our area. The visits are spent listening, sharing, reading God’s Word and praying.
2. Touch ministry - This ministry writes cards to homebound members, members in the hospital or who have suffered a bereavement.
3. Meal Delivery -Local restaurants prepare to-go meals for people who, for a short period of time, cannot cook for themselves. Volunteers pick up meals at 11 am and deliver them to designated locations that are provided for them.
4. Mourning Glories - This is a group of widows who get together, each Monday for fellowship and encouragement.
5. Bible Study - Volunteers go to various assisted-living facilities to lead singing and share a devotion from God’s Word.
6. Ramp Building - This ministry is specifically on an as-needed basis to provide a ramp in a home that meets handicap specifications.
7. Reminisce ministry - This ministry goes into nursing homes, particularly into Alzheimer’s and dementia wings to help patients remember “the good old days” by sharing stories and memories from childhood.
Rev. DEAN BROOKS
Minister to Adult Discipleship