Homebound is a ministry that focuses on ministering and reaching out to those who are no longer able to travel. It is comprised of several smaller ministries:
1. Visitation – Each month, volunteers from Whitesburg visit the homebound and shut-ins in our area. The visits are spent listening, sharing, reading God’s Word and praying.
2. Touch ministry – This ministry writes cards to homebound members, members in the hospital or who have suffered a bereavement.
3. Meal Delivery –Local restaurants prepare to-go meals for people who, for a short period of time, cannot cook for themselves. Volunteers pick up meals at 11 am and deliver them to designated locations that are provided for them.
4. Mourning Glories – This is a group of widows who get together, each Monday for fellowship and encouragement.
5. Bible Study – Volunteers go to various assisted-living facilities to lead singing and share a devotion from God’s Word.
7. Reminisce ministry – This ministry goes into nursing homes, particularly into Alzheimer’s and dementia wings to help patients remember “the good old days” by sharing stories and memories from childhood.