Daily from 02/09/2020 to 02/19/2020
Life Action Summit at Whitesburg February 9-19, 2020.
Designed for the entire church family, the Life Action Summit is a time to seek God personally and corporately for an outpouring of His Spirit. Our prayer is that through this concentrated time of seeking Him, God will awaken a desire in our church for something more, something Holy ...something extraordinary. Click link below for the Sunday, January 12 message from John Avant, President of Life Action.
John Avant Message
Life Action Prayer Emphasis
As we approach our Life Action Summit prayer is our greatest resource and the foundation upon which a successful Summit will be built. In the weeks to come we desire to see church-wide prayer for revival among God's people at Whitesburg. Our Wednesday nights leading up to the Summit will focus on understanding what revival is and looking at great revival movements of the past. Our Sunday evenings will be dedicated to prayer.
Home Prayer Groups
Sundays, January 26 & February 2, at 5:30 pm
- There will be 25+ host homes each week
- Childcare will be available at Main Campus for birth - age 2
- Children above age 2 will attend Children’s Choir
- Children’s Choirs & Student Choirs will conclude with a focused prayer time. These programs will run an additional 30 minutes for parents to attend a home meeting and have time to pick up children.
- We will have one prayer group meet on the WBC Main Campus in Room 114.
- To find a host home near you call the Church Office at 256-881-0952.
Sunday morning Service Schedule, February 9 & 16
8, 9:30 and 11 am
- Life Groups for Adults
9:30 and 11 am
- Worship Service
- Life Action Sessions for Students and Children
- Childcare for newborn - Age 3
Sunday Evening & weeknight service schedule, February 9-19
- All evening services will be led by the Life Action Team.
- Adults worship with Biblical Teaching & Life Application for the Family.
- Students (grades 6 – 12) will be challenged to get up, get out, and get real to change the course of this world for God’s glory.
- Children (grades 2 – 5) will pursue the ultimate adventure of knowing and loving God by learning foundational character principles.
- Young children (age 4 – grade 1) will learn the foundational truth that obedience is the key.
- Babies and preschoolers (newborn – age 3) will be in childcare.
- Sunday evening services will begin at our regular time of 5:30 pm.
- Weeknight services will begin at 6:30 pm, with dinner at 5 pm on:
- Monday – Thursday (February 10 – 13), all at main campus
- Monday – Wednesday (February 17 – 19), all at main campus
No evening services on Friday & Saturday, February 14-15.
Thursday February 13, 11:30 am
The True Woman luncheon provides an opportunity for ladies to hear what God has to say about their roles as women, wives, mothers and grandmothers. Through the power of a life’s message, you will be touched by the transparency and openness of our revivalists’ wives during this time of sharing.
Saturday February 15, 9 am - 1 pm
Expedition Creation Ages 4 years - Grade 5
Prepare for an epic mission to explore and discover the universe and its Creator. Join us for adventure-packed teaching, games, and group challenges. Experience creation as never before! Free pizza for lunch.
Flip Sessions For Students Grade 6 - 12
Through clear, Christ-centered, biblical teaching, you will be challenged to live for God’s glory in everyday, practical ways. Throughout the day you will have opportunities to ask questions and hear real-life struggles and victories in small group settings with our youth leaders. This event is designed to build relationships, present truth, and worship our great God. Free pizza for lunch.
Home Life Café Adults
Set in a relaxed atmosphere and designed for all adults – singles, newlyweds, parents, grandparents, single parents – the discussions will provide you with practical tools for experiencing God in every relationship in your home. Free light breakfast and coffee will be served.