Whitesburg Baptist Christian School is dedicated to the support of families who have a conviction from God that He has called them to homeschool their children. It was established to provide the legal covering , educational guidance and accountability necessary for promoting a thorough, Christ-centered education. Its purpose is to encourage parents who want to train their children in the home, with a Biblical worldview as the goal, and a Godly heritage as the result.
- Both parents must be professing Christians and active members of a Bible-believing church.
- One parent must serve as the primary teacher with daily supervision of the student between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Mothers may not work outside the home during school hours.
- Parents will maintain lesson plans and records and meet with school administrators twice a year for record checks.
- Grades must be turned in to be added to the student’s transcript at the completion of each semester.
- Parents must attend two parent meetings per year and a May orientation for the coming year.
- Tuition is due monthly. 1 child-$50/mo., 2 or more $60/mo., year round.
- Students (3rd-12th) are required to take one standardized test per year.
- WBCS does not offer classes as a school. Mothers sometimes co-op to teach classes but those opportunities vary from year to year and are not organized by the school.
- Field trips are planned by the parents and can take place as often as there is interest.
- Application: two-part process with a $120 application fee (due upon acceptance to WBCS along with the first month’s tuition).
Phone 256-704-5678 ext. 719
(Messages checked on Mondays and Wednesdays)