Heart to Serve is a support ministry that works in coordination with all the other ministries of Whitesburg Baptist Church. Our goal is to help members use their unique gifts through service at the church.
We have volunteer opportunities for everyone. See below for the current top volunteer needs.
If you are interested in volunteering or learning more about getting involved at Whitesburg Baptist Church, please contact Anna Luttrell at 256-704-5678, ext. 204 or email.
Top Volunteer Needs
Camera Operators at 9:30 & 11:00am
Stage hands to help with on and off-stage movement
PowerPoint operators at 9:30 & 11:00am
Volunteers (preferably female age 18+) for our Kelly Minter Conference on Saturday, September 27, and the weeks prior.
2-3 Months in Advance
- Registration Team- Members of this team need to be able to make an online order. Shifts will be on Sunday mornings from 9 am-12:15 pm.
- Prayer Team-Members of this team will consistently pray before and during the conference.
Day of Event
- Medical Person-can be a doctor or a nurse to be on-site in case of a medical emergency.
- Photographers-Does not need to be a professional photographer. This person(s) will simply take candid pictures during the conference and give pictures to Deree on a CD or flash drive.
Guest Services Ministry:
- Guest Information Desk: Volunteers assist guests with information about the church and LIFE Groups. Twice a month from 7:45 am-9 am or from 9:15 am-9:45 am.
- Golf Cart Drivers: Once every other month from 8:45 am-12:45 pm. Each driver will be able to take a break either from 9:55 am-10:30 am or 11:15 am-12:00 pm.
- Connection Point Coffee Volunteers: Twice a month from 7:30 am-8:15 am (includes set up), 9:00 am-9:45 am, and 10:45 am-11:15 am (includes clean up).
Training for First Impressions is provided.