Thursday, September 17, 2020, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Connect. Create. Celebrate ...
... with a bright pop of color to brighten your days! Do you love to paint? Never painted? Always wanted to try? Join us for Ladies Night In – Zooming In On Painting, a step-by-step night of painting in the comfort of your own home on Thursday, September 17 at 7pm. We will connect with others, create together, and make a floral scripture-art masterpiece with the verse Psalm 25:15 – “My eyes are always on the Lord.” You will celebrate the grace of our God by honoring him with artwork to display in your home or give as a gift. See photos below to get an idea of what we're painting.
You’ll provide your own supplies, which may cost $20-$30. You can find them at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or most any craft supply store. Be sure to check their 50% sales coupons! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 16” x 20” canvas
- Acrylic paint (or craft paint for a more economical option) in the colors of red, yellow, blue, green, black, white (or similar colors)
- Paint brushes (or a paint brush set) for acrylic paints that include 3/4 flat, 3/8 flat, fine line round (or similar sizes)
- Tabletop easel (optional—see SET UP for other options)
SET UP YOUR PAINTING AREA:
- Drop cloth, old cloth, or newspaper to spread over and protect your work surface.
- Disposable cup of water for rinsing brushes.
- Disposable plate or palette for your paints.
- Tabletop easel (optional). Other options include simply laying your canvas flat on your work surface or elevating the top end of your canvas on some books.
- FYI: Normal room ventilation should be sufficient.
PREP IN ADVANCE:
- At least an hour in advance (or to reduce stress, do it a day in advance), paint a thin coat of white or light paint over the entire canvas. This will be the background.
- When the background has dried (after at least an hour), use a pencil to lightly draw three straight horizontal lines on the canvas to provide spacing for the verse. Draw the lines 6 inches, 10 inches, and 14 inches from the top.
Contact Deree Tarwater at 256-704-5678, ext. 209, or click here to email.