Heart to Serve is a support ministry that works in coordination with all the other ministries of Whitesburg Baptist Church. Our goal is to help members use their unique gifts through service at the church.
We have volunteer opportunities for everyone. See below for the current top volunteer needs.
If you are interested in volunteering or learning more about getting involved at Whitesburg Baptist Church, please contact Sue Ansley at 256-704-5978, ext. 243 or email.
Top Volunteer Needs
Weekly class directors for 1 year old class and 18 month class at 9:30 and 11:00 am.
Come help with our children’s ministry
- 9:30 and 11am Grades 1-5 LIFE Group Helpers and LIFE Group Secretaries
- Kids Crossing Volunteers every Thursday from 3-5 pm.
- Reading Tutors for Elementary students at Whitesburg P-8 M-F 3-3:40 pm.
- Mentors for at-risk Whitesburg P-8 Middle School Students during the school day.
LIFE Group Teacher at 11:00 am.
Median/Mature Adult Ministry:
Two Department Directors at 8:00 am.
Volunteer to stock information in our Home Point Center and help families with information as they enter the center.
Bible Study Hospitality Helpersserve weekly during the school year to set up/clean up for refreshments and coffee. Help is needed for three hours each Tuesday morning during each discipleship semester. Bible Studies are usually September-November and January-April.
Email Deree Tarwater for questions or to sign up.
Pulaski Pike Volunteer Needs:
Come help with our Pulaski Pike Campus Ministries
- Children’s Worship Volunteers for Elementary Aged Children: 10-11:05 a.m.
- Nursery Volunteers for Children 0-3 years of age: 10-11:05 a.m.
- Preschool and Children’s LIFE Group Teachers and Co-teachers: 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.